Thursday, September 27, 2007

My Health - A Real Progress Report

It’s been over 4 months since I’d first seen Dr. Robert Bard in New York City. He’s a doctor I was referred to by my health coach, Dr. Larry Clapp who wrote Prostate Health in 90 Days and cured himself of prostate cancer. When I first visited Dr. Bard in mid-May he performed a Power Color Doppler Sonogram procedure that measured the size of my prostate, which was then about 61 cubic centimeters- about three times the normal 20 cc. The two tumors that he saw in my prostate using the specialized sonogram were 5x7 mm and 5x6 mm. Dr. Bard is only one of perhaps a handful of ultrasound professionals in the U.S. who have the special equipment and appropriate training and experience to handle this kind of diagnostic procedure, but it is extremely accurate. In fact, an MRI done the same day confirmed his results. Dr. Bard has himself written a book titled Prostate Cancer Demystified. And, not surprisingly, he also is an expert at diagnosing breast cancers far more accurately using sonograms than mammograms.

Back then when I first saw him, Dr. Bard recommended that in addition to whatever else I was doing, I take 600mg of CoEnzymeQ10 twice daily along with a half dozen of his proprietary blend of Targeted Antioxidants twice daily. And, I followed his suggestion faithfully. I also continued my daily interval training based exercise program called PACE (Progressively Accelerating Cardiopulmonary Exertion). I’ve consumed Norwegian Cod Liver Oil twice daily, primarily for its significant Vitamin D content. Twice daily I also consume a “Budwig shake” (named after Dr. Johanna Budwig) blended from freshly ground organic flaxseed, organic flaxseed oil, organic coconut oil, along with low fat organic cottage cheese and goat yoghurt. In addition to building strength in my immunity system, this shake is designed to chelate (remove) heavy metals such as Cadmium and Mercury from my body. These come from their abundant supply in our environment.

Once a day I drink about 16 ounces of fresh juices from organic vegetables including carrots, kale, collards, beets, sweet potatoes, cabbage, celery, broccoli, and a few other veggies plus, occasionally, an apple. Along with this I’ve pursued my personal journey including daily mediation for at least an hour, some work with my friend Sandie Rumold doing Core Energetics therapy to clear any emotional blocks in my body, personal journaling with the same objective, began a program of Sedona Method emotional release work, employed a methodology known as EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) and even did a mat trip on a Shalom Retreat in June led by John Bottone and Alistair MacMartin at Shalom Mountain. I’d started back in May with a 10 day cleanse fast (known as The Master Cleanser, developed originally by Stanley Burroughs) and continued eating primarily organic foods at home and often, though not always when we are away from home. Though I’ve been a vegetarian for a very long time, I’d begun to occasionally consume some quality organic protein on Larry Clapp’s recommendation, such as grass fed beef or buffalo or free range organic chicken. There’s other stuff I cannot fully remember… such as consuming several organic Brazil Nuts every day that each provided me with about 200 micrograms of Selenium daily to combat cancer and build my immunity system.

Anyway, I visited Dr. Bard once again on Friday September 21st and had another Power Color Doppler Sonogram with the results being that my prostate has shrunk by about one-third from 61 cc to 39 cc and my small tumors have shrunk from 5x7 mm to 3x4 mm and from 5x6 mm to 2x6 mm respectively. My program is working according to plan! Hooray and Hallelujah! I feel so incredibly blessed by and grateful for all the support and prayers my friends and family have offered and shared!! I cannot imagine making such progress without the gift of all that support. Dr. Bard has recommended a small increase in the amount of Targeted Antioxidant formula that I’m taking and recommended that we’d check again in 6 months. Perhaps by then, my health program will have completely eliminated the tumors. I ask for your continued support and prayers!

2 comments:

LeslieGuro said...

What wonderful news! We always knew if anyone could put mind over matter, it would be you! All of our love coming your way!
-Leslie and "the boys"

Jacqui and Chris said...

well done ken! it sounds like you're very well advised by your doctor and treating yourself and your body with utmost respect, which is lovely to hear!Keep up the great work. You're an inspiration for this 35 year old who needs to make some changes fast!