Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Dialog with My Process (for living)

When I was at The Path of the Mystic retreat at Shalom Mountain a few weeks ago, I journaled a dialog between myself and the process I am currently living. The words feel very profound for me and worth sharing. I started out looking at how I am trusting the process with my health and my life and I said...

Me: So, what's this thing all about anyway?

My Process: It's about choosing a course that feels right to you; one that appeals to your own inner sense of what is right. You follow that course on principle even though it may lead you through the deeply shadowed valleys. And, regardless of the outcome, you know that you are a true warrior.

Me: But what if I'm wrong?

My Process: Then, there's nobody to blame!

Me: That's the bottom line? Nobody to blame?

My Process: Yes, not even yourself to blame. What good is blame anyway? It's the booby prize- you know what I mean?

Me: But nobody really has the answers here for what I am trying to do; everything is so confusing. There's so much data and information.

My Process: That's the point! Do you think you'll live forever? Live in the Mystery! Life always fulfills itself.

Me: Damn! I always look for the knowing, but I guess that's why I am a mystic... like all true mystics. I ultimately choose to live in the Mystery... albeit not without some occasional apprehension.

My Process: That's just being human!

So, I live in the mystery... with all the occasional fear and apprehension (and occasional screwups and feeling stupid) because I am only human. As my friend Jerry Jud would say, "Ah So!"

No comments: